Enjoy.




Sunday, March 6, 2011

Latinoamérica ft. Totó La Momposina, Susana Baca & María Rita - Calle 13




       Calle 13 is group composed of two stepbrothers: René Pérez Joglar and Eduardo José Cabra Martínez from San Juan, Puerto Rico. It is one of my favorites because of their incredibly ingenious lyrics.  Especially their ability to turn simple words into absolutely perfect rhymes. This song Latinoamérica, from their album "Entren Los Que Quieran," (their best one yet in my opinion) is particularly good because of its subject, and if you are from any Latin American country you know exactly what I mean.  It talks about the beauty of all Latin America, of all that we have that has been exploited, of all that we have that can never be taken, "un pueblo sin piernas, pero que camina" because of its life and joy; and it reminds me why I love my home.

1 comment: